Click to Enlarge
Multi Spindle Drill Machine
Machine InformationManufacturer: FICEP
Type: Beam Drilling
Stock #: Upon Request
Type of Seller: Dealer
Ficep Corporation produces ten different models of stand-alone CNC controlled multi spindle drilling lines for the fabrication of structural steel. Here are some of the basic design features that are resident in the Ficep multiple spindle drill line systems.
- Rack and pinion positioning and measuring achieves an accuracy level that is second to none.
- The positioning accuracy is not effected by rust, scale, ice or snow on the section
- Automatic stock length measuring before the section is processed
- The positive rack and pinion system does not require calibration for changes in material type or conditions.
Ball screw spindle feed with uniform feed rate for exceptional tool life and the ability to:
- Milling of slotted holes
- Milling of rat holes and weld prep.
- Spindle speeds up to 5,000 RPM to maximize the utilization of carbide tools for drilling rates 10 times that of typical oil hole drills.
- The drill spindle and head feed as one unit for maximum rigidity
- Coolant through the spindle or external coolant capability per the program
- The Ficep drill spindle like today’s machining centers employs a spindle drive which eliminates the need for internal gears to reduce maintenance cost.
- Automatic tool changing on each spindle
- When different hole sizes are required in a section or from one section to the next, the tool is changed per the program
- Eliminates operator error
- When the drill requires replacement the software automatically changes the tool to a new drill of the same diameter.
- The full range of spindle speeds is available for any tool that is loaded into the magazine.
- The software automatically changes the required feeds and speeds based upon the tool that is loaded into the spindle.
- The fixed spindle design, mechanical feed and synchronization of the spindle feed and speed permits not just drilling but also
- Milling for slotted holes
The Ficep CNC lines feature a PC based CNC control with proprietary Ficep engineered software to ideally match the application of the drilling line with the CNC control.
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilization of a standard PC platform
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
Multiple Spindle CNC Drill Lines Model Endeavor DD with Independent Spindles
|1203-Laser DD||1203 DD|
|Number of spindles||3||3|
|Horsepower per spindle||42||42|
|Spindle speed range (RPM)||180 – 5,000||180 – 5,000|
|Scribing on four sides||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum hole size||1-9/16″ (2″)||1-9/16″ (2″)|
|Maximum section depth||48″||48″|
|Number of drill heads||3||3|
|Diameters per head with tool changer||6||6|
Disclaimer: The information and specifications listed on this page are believed to be accurate, and are the responsibility of the company and or Individual representing the item being shown. Photographic representation are for illustrative pruposes only and may not be the actual machine and/or equuiptment being referred to. Steel Marketplace is not responsible for any typographical or errors that may exist.